Toastmasters-Speech 3

When was the last time you checked your radiator?

I'm not talking about the radiator of your car. What I am talking about is your internal radiator. Just like the radiator in your car, your internal radiator must be kept in top condition in order to work at peak efficiency. So let’s check out how your ‘radiator’ is working today.

Mr. Toastmasters, Fellow Toastmasters & Dear guests,

Do you continually radiate enthusiasm to those around you? Great people realize that enthusiasm can be highly contagious, so they look to spread it around at every opportunity.

There was a person called Michael who had this unbounded enthusiasm. So his friends asked him, Michael, how can you be a positive person all the time? How do you do it?"

Michael replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, I have two choices to make today. I can choose to be happy or I can choose to be sad. I choose to be happy.

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Which approach do you choose? If it is the former, then hats off to you. If you find yourself somewhere in between, there is still plenty of room for you to get better.

Harry S Truman once remarked that

When he studied the lives of great men and famous women, he found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work. ~ “

How to achieve this unbounded enthusiasm. You need to have the "I Wills" for Enthusiasm. What are these I will’s.

  • I will be an energy-giver

All the enthusiastic people are energy givers. These are the people who don’t need to be reminded of their work. They volunteer to do task others would resist and do it with a lot of enthusiasm.

  • I will smile

The most attractive thing you can wear is a smile! A smile is contagious. A smile comes natural when you see another person smiling. It takes 72 muscles to frown - only 14 to smile!

  • I will treat every job as important and put my heart into it

When you do a thing, do it with all your might and enthusiasm. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Success requires going that "second mile."

  • I will not be discouraged by failure

It’s easy to become discouraged when met with disappointment. Remember what Winston Churchill said about failure. "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

I would like to share with you a touching Story I read about Edison. The occasion was a December night of 1914, and the great Edison industry of West Orange was destroyed by fire. Edison was 67 at that time and much of his life’s work went up in Spectacular flames.. The next morning when he was walking near the charred embers of all his hopes and dreams, he made this classic dialogue

There is great value in Disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew.”

How many of you can take it the same way Edison did? I m sure most of us would be devastated by the trauma. The greatest aspect was

Three weeks after the fire, Edison managed to deliver his first phonograph

Edison was indeed an unusual man, but isn’t this unusual ness that makes us in doing great things. All the successful people are energy givers. Are you & me going to be an energy giver and radiate enthusiasm around? That is the question that we need to answer.

I would like to leave you with this simple message about enthusiasm.

“Work like you doesn’t need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like its Heaven on Earth.
"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ End of Speech ~~~~~~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 simple secrets to keeping her happy

Prostate Cancer terms and treatments- Things to know